Creating a poll in a group chat lets you get opinions and ideas from the other members of the group. Any member of a group can create a poll.
To create a poll:
- In a group chat, select the + button in the chat box, or select the group's avatar.
- Select Polls.
- Select + or Create new poll.
- Type the poll question into the top box, then type the voting options below. Select + Add (or + Add more) until you’ve added all the options, up to a maximum of 10.
- Select a date and time for voting to end.
- Select Send (or Create poll) to send the poll to the group. Note that you can’t change the poll options after the poll is created.
Everyone in the group receives a notification when the poll is created, and can see the poll in the chat. To vote in a poll, select Vote and choose your preferred option. You can change your vote as many times as you like before the poll ends – just select Change my vote. After voting, select View results to see how others are voting.
A reminder notification is sent to the group 5 minutes before the poll is scheduled to end, and another is sent when the poll has ended. To end a poll before its scheduled end time, select End now. You can only do this if you created the poll.
Having a problem creating a poll? Check these troubleshooting tips.