- Log into your GroupMe account and edit your profile:
- On the web, log into your GroupMe account and select your Avatar to edit your profile.
- In the iOS app, tap the Menu icon, then select Profile.
- In the Android app, tap the Menu icon, tap your Avatar, and tap the Edit icon.
- In the Windows 10 app, click your Avatar to open your profile, then select the Pencil icon to edit your profile.
- A final confirmation screen appears.
- Select Delete.
- You are logged out of GroupMe, and your account is marked for deletion.
- Select Transfer, then on the next screen, select a new owner from the member list or choose End Group.
- Repeat for each group you own. You’re taken back to the Edit Profile screen.
- Select Delete GroupMe Account again.
- Enter your password to confirm that you want to delete your account, then select Continue.
- Select Delete. You are logged out of GroupMe, and your account is scheduled for deletion.
If you change your mind about deleting your account, you have 48 hours to reactivate it. Click the link in the confirmation email or SMS we sent you, or simply log back in to GroupMe to cancel the account deletion.
If you don’t restore your account within 48 hours, it’s deleted and you can’t get it back.