You can delete your account in the web version of GroupMe. If you’re using GroupMe on iOS or Windows 10, you can also delete your account right from the app.
The ability to delete your account is coming soon to the Android app – watch this space.
To delete your account:
- On iOS, tap the menu icon (top left) and select Profile. Alternatively, log in to your GroupMe account in a web browser, then select your avatar to open your profile. If you're on Windows 10, click or tap your avatar to open your profile, then select the pencil icon (top right) to edit your profile.
- Select Delete GroupMe Account.
- On the confirmation screen, select Continue (you might be asked to enter your password first).
- If you don’t own any groups, a final confirmation screen appears. Select Delete. You are logged out of GroupMe, and your account is marked for deletion.
- If you are the owner of a group, you must transfer ownership or end the group before deleting your account. Select Transfer, then on the next screen, select a new owner from the member list or choose End Group. Repeat for each group you own. You’re taken back to the Edit Profile screen.
- Select Delete GroupMe Account again.
- Enter your password to confirm that you want to delete your account, then select Continue.
- Select Delete. You are logged out of GroupMe, and your account is scheduled for deletion.
If you change your mind about deleting your account, you have 48 hours to get it back. Click the link in the confirmation email or SMS we sent you, or simply log in to GroupMe to cancel the account deletion.
After 48 hours, if you don’t restore your account, it’s deleted and you can’t get it back.