You can change your phone number in the web version of GroupMe, and in the iOS and Windows app.
In the web version:
- Log in to your GroupMe account in a web browser.
- Click your avatar.
- Click Edit next to your current phone number and update the details.
- Click Save.
- Tap your avatar.
- Tap the phone number field, enter a new phone number and then follow the on-screen instructions.
On Windows 10:
- Tap or click your avatar to show your profile.
- Select the pencil icon in the top right to edit, then select Change your Phone Number.
- Select Change Number, enter a new phone number and then follow the on-screen instructions.
This changes the phone number associated with your GroupMe account.
If you receive the error message Phone number already in use, try the following:
- Reset your password for the new phone number.
- After you've reset your password, log in with the new phone number and use the delete account option to reset the number from the GroupMe database. You need to wait 48 hours for this to complete.
- After the new number has been reset, try changing the number on your current account again.
If you are still experiencing problems with changing your phone number, you will need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.