There are a few places to check your notification settings.
GroupMe App > Notification Settings
- Open the main menu and select Settings.
- In the Notifications section, check that notifications for all chats are On and not muted.
In a specific Group > Chat Settings
In a specific group's Settings, you can mute a group. If notifications are muted then you will not receive any alerts for this group until you turn Mute Off.
Mobile Device Settings:
- Go into your phone's settings, select Notifications > GroupMe and ensure Allow Notifications is on.
- Choose your notification preferences from the options.
- Log out of the GroupMe app, then log back in.
If your phone’s battery level is low, the device will automatically turn off notifications to save battery life. To check the battery level, go to Settings > Systems > Battery Life.